- The return of newly restored Ivatt 2MT
Class locomotive 41298
Plus … Marking 50 years since the end of Island steam:
- ex-Island O2 No. 24 Calbourne - in steam
- ex-Island ‘Terrier’ No. 11 Newport - in steam
- ex-Island ‘Terrier’ No. 8 Freshwater –
- The world’s last remaining E1 class
- No. 2 Yarmouth – on display
- Mixed livery trains
- Train Story Discovery Centre open
- Special timetables in operation
- Refreshments and Real Ale Bar
- Haven Falconry Bird of Prey Centre
PLEASE NOTE – All locomotives subject to engineering.
SPECIAL NOTICE: Visit of GWR Prairie Tank Engine Cancelled -
The Isle of Wight Steam Railway regrets to announce that due to an unforeseen technical issue the appearance of GWR Prairie tank engine 5521 at our May Spring Gala has been cancelled. The difficulty is outside the control of both the Isle of Wight Steam Railway and the locomotive owner. Fortunately, it is anticipated that all other advertised locomotives including Ivatt 2MT class locomotive 41298 will ensure an enjoyable and successful Gala.