The Isle of Wight Steam Railway loves group business, and we'll make you and your group or coach party feel very welcome!
We know how important it is for tour operators, group party organisers and coach operators to give good quality service and good value-for-money within their holidays and day-tours, and our aim is the same. We pride ourselves on offering you a package to include in your tours that will enthrall your guests of any age, as we take them on a nostalgic experience of yesteryear!
As a living, breathing, working museum, the Steam Railway is a popular and fascinating destination for all age groups. Beautifully restored Victorian and Edwardian carriages, often hauled by 19th century locomotives, take the visitor on a leisurely 10 mile journey through the Island's unspoilt countryside.
Our brand new £1.2M TRAIN STORY Discovery Centre! Opened in April 2014 this facility has brought a new dimension to the Railway for our visitors. On the flat and easily accessible, even by the more senior members of your group, this impressive visitor centre will add an hour to your dwell time on site. If you have any queries, please speak to Liz King in our Commercial Department.
There's always something to interest everyone in the group
For example, most compartments on the train display vintage advertisements representing products and prices from days gone by - Days when you could buy a plot of land for £35, and three-course lunch at the Charing Cross Hotel cost three shillings and sixpence!
We welcome all enquiries and we will do all we can to ensure your group' visit is enjoyable and trouble-free.
- Generous group discounts available for pre-booked parties
- Advanced booking secures reserved seating and compartments on the train of your choice
- Coach driver/courier free
- Ample coach parking at Havenstreet Station on tarmac, with space to turn and manoeuvre
- Morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea available in our licensed Refreshment Rooms
- Free refreshments for the coach driver/courier
- Railway shop, museum and toilets
- Free access to see heritage stock being restored in our Carriage & wagon workshop
- Children's Play Area and Woodland Walk
The full steam train journey takes about 50 minutes. Average duration of your visit is normally approximately two and a half hours.
To book, please contact Liz King on 01983 882204 or e-mail HERE
2015 Group Travel Awards Finalist
2015 Finalist Group Travel Awards
2015 Finalist National Coach Tourism Awards